Hello my dears, I have a fun kid friendly project. Let your kids make their own DIY Fall Decor. This is a super simple Mason Jar Lid Pumpkin that I think will be great fall decor. Especially if you have one of those fall/Halloween trees. But when all else fails these make great magnets for the kids to admire on the fridge everyday. So let’s get to this.
- Hot glue gun/glue sticks
- 3 Mason jar lids (per kid)
- Paint brushes
- Blow dryer/heat gun
- 1 branch/stick (per kid)
- Magnetic stripes
- Paint brushes
- Twine or leaves for more decor
1. Have your child paint 3 tops from Mason Jar Lids. If you are using more than 1 paint color I would highly suggest you blow dry between different colors of paint. This will help every color stand out. Using a blow dryer is fast if you have time for it to dry do that. But with my toddlers we don’t have time. You can purchase mason jar lids without mason jars themselves for fairly cheap at Walmart.
2. Now that all 3 lids are painted. You will need to glue them together. Use a lid in front and 2 behind to create your shape of the pumpkin. Now here is my suggestion if you want to make these magnets. I would not suggest using branches because it makes it harder for the magnet to do its job. I would use something flat. But if you are just keeping these as decor than you can use the branch. I wanted to add some leaves etc but my sons did not want their pumpkins to look like that. So I kept it how they wanted it to be. Because you know toddlers
3. Now if you are adding a magnet and use a branch make sure you put the magnet on the branch if not on the back of the lids. You can get magnets at your local grocery store for a couple of dollars.
4. That’s it your done. Super simple and super easy.
This is a great Home School Lesson to teach about the upcoming season fall. My kids love to be artistic. They love to paint and they learn easier when they are happy and doing something they love. With such small children playing as learning is the best way to teach.
I will be doing more kids home school lessons. It is just something I started and learning.
“Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all you’re getting, get understanding” Proverbs 4:7